Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Haven't Got Time For The Pain

The blog tried to publish itself prematurely.
I thought I'd try to feel better by blogging. Right now I'm in a lot of pain and I don't want to be. I wake up every morning with this preconceived idea of how I'd like my day to go and it never includes pain. Which is odd because I know to expect it. I guess I'm still in denial. I mean, some days are better than others. Since I don't seem to be able to think my way out of this I decided to use an old tool call a Gratitude List.
1. I have a big bath towel that Kim gave me that makes taking a shower alot better.
(ok, how do I stop the italics?)
2. The guy at the nursing home and a guy in Florida that say they want to marry me in spite of "the curse".
3. when Sadie puts her head on my shoulder
4. Appreciation.
5. Shows that make me laugh, like Funniest Pets and People and Everybody Loves Raymond.
6. A really good book or movie.
7. Days when I get up and I weigh less than I thought. (rare these days)
8. Family and friends
9. Plants and flowers that respond well to my attention.
10.A really good sex dream.
And my #11 favorite thing? A nap! That is where I'm headed until the drugs kick in:).
Hey, the italics are gone.

Oh, here's my "boo hoo" for the day. I'm going through Sadies clothes yet again and taking out the ones she's outgrown. Damn! She's barely worn them--including shoes. I tend to mourn all her cute little clothes. Maybe a boy would have been better. NOT!

3 comments:

kimberkara said...

I hate to see those clothes go too. I could always try for another girl... :o)
Good list. I can use most of those for myself.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Keep on, Chris. I appreciate you.

Mommy Phoenix said...

Well since I've become the local pharmacy.... Need some Vicodan? lol Have your people (Kim) Call my People ( and by people i mean my cell phone ) lol
I know how ya feel about the pain, since 2006, I wake up in pain every day, that is only enhanced by a Car Accident and a baby pushing on all the nerves in my pelvis and causing me to gain 30lbs in water in 4 1/2 weeks. :(
Just remember, some days are better than others, and there will be those days where you won't even noticed the pain, because you'll be too excited about something new Sadie has done, or something nice someone has done for you, and it makes the day that much better. ::Hugs::